Powering Brands to Empower People
Join the team that’s transforming the digital accessibility industry! We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
We’re very proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® (GPTW) and we’re growing! We’ve recently announced $55 million in funding to accelerate our mission to make the digital world accessible.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
How you Support Our Growth
We are a start up and as our new Technical Accessibility Consultant, you will work in partnership with Customer Success to support the onboarding of new clients and assist them through the accessibility journey. You will ensure successful implementation of our platform and provide ongoing top tier technical support as our clients strive towards building accessibility throughout their services.
- Integrate accessibility and WCAG-compliance into requirements, design and implementation phases of client projects
- Collaborate with client technical team members to provide remediation support and guidance throughout the eA customer journey
- Conduct wireframe/design reviews and create comprehensive test plans
- Work closely with accessibility testing teams to ensure highest level of quality and on time delivery of audits
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for eA platform to answer technical questions and successfully enable our valued clients
- Act as the technical interface between the client and eA cross functional teams
- “Customer First” mindset and drive technical value for our clients
- Partner with Customer Success Managers to provide best in class client experience throughout the customer journey
- Lead technical conversations with client stakeholders and ensure that they are making progress/improvements towards their compliance
- Conduct formal reviews with clients on test results provide consultative advice on accessibility best practices
- Look ahead and provide advice and guidance for potential future accessibility road blocks
- Recognizing our clients digital properties and having the ability to identify relevant best practices for their specific situation
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- BSc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field experience
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer and at least 2 years of technical leadership
- 2+ years of experience in digital accessibility
- Experience with assistive technologies including NVDA, JAWS or VoiceOver
- Resourceful and you take pride at being accountable in your role
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Basic knowledge of disability law including, but not limited to the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 504)
- Knowledge and experience with WCAG 2.0 AA or later accessibility standards and
Desired But Not eSSENTIAL
- Experience remediating issues across browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari)
- Experience with accessibility audit and quality assurance tools and processes
- Experience evaluating the accessibility of a digital product using a
variety of tools and providing feedback to website owners, web developers and
- Any related certifications such as:
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification
eSSENTIALS we offer
- Competitive salary
- benefits effective from first day of employment
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Stock options
- Passionate group of coworkers who are performance driven and aligned to the company’s success
- Growth opportunity as the company scales
- Fully remote
Accommodations, including alternative formats and communication support for persons with disabilities are available upon request.