Accessibility Training Manager / Specialist
Want a job that truly changes lives… Let’s talk eSSENTIAL Accessibility!
Who Are We?
Join the team that’s transforming the accessibility industry! We are building a platform that will help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
Listen to our purpose
How you Support Our Growth
Our Accessibility Training Manager / Specialist sits within our Delivery team and is accountable for providing education and consultation to our clients, regarding digital Accessibility and policy governance. This is a busy and pivotal role providing support on client calls, creating and delivering training and resource materials to both eA clients and employees. You are seen as the subject matter expert on web accessibility, mobile accessibility, WCAG, 508, AODA, VPAT as well as digital media and PDF’s.
- Design course content that is scalable for self-learning both internally and for clients that scale with our growth
- Create an online digital accessibility self training program for eA clients and employees.
- Design, facilitate and document courses for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0/2.1 standards, Section 508, AODA and VPATs, including PDF’s
- Provide technical WCAG assistance to clients regarding digital accessibility and create relevant governance documents for internal and client use
- Advises and assist employees in learning management system(s) and other technology to create content that works well with assistive technology
- Understand how to work inside LMSs to create accessibility compliant course materials
- Maintain our database that tracks course reviews from clients and progress towards accessibility for all online and hybrid courses
- Works with the Product team to give recommendations and drive platform improvements and enhancements
- Oversee and guide closed captioning activities and PDF Remediation where required, by our clients and work with third party vendors to manage this process for client accounts.
- Attend client calls and pre sales calls as subject matter expert on digital accessibility where needed.
- Strong understanding of VPAT’s and can educate clients on these and create overall accessibility governance policies.
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- Demonstrate accessibility compliance techniques and provide relevant trainings
- Work independently; make decisions about and troubleshoot accessibility issues
- Develop accessible web-based and mobile resources for teaching and learning
- Speak and write effectively in individual and group settings
- Work effectively with clients and employees who have a variety of technological skill levels
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Fundamentals and techniques for producing accessible web pages, online forms, and digital media, and mobile
- Knowledgeable with HTML/IN Design, CSS, Power Point, and various other platforms and technologies and can speak to the design and implementation of digital accessibility within these platforms
- Development, assessment and remediation of accessible web pages using accessibility testing tools
- Proven use of latest methods for progressive enhancement and responsive/adaptive design; current technology including web development tools, computer graphics packages, courseware authoring tools and/or learning management systems, content management systems
- Expertise in accessibility features of MS Word and Adobe Acrobat software, In Design
- Degree in Web Design, Computer Studies or any degree and significant coursework in a web design and mobile related field would be advantageous OR a combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Minimum of 5 years having worked in Digital Accessibility and course design creation.