Want a job that truly empowers lives… Let’s talk eSSENTIAL Accessibility! #A11y
Enabling Brands to Empower People!
eSSENTIAL Accessibility is redefining the way the world’s biggest brands manage and maintain their digital accessibility program. As the pioneering provider of digital Accessibility-as-a-Service, our industry-leading platform features a unique combination of people, process, and technology, enabling organizations to eliminate online barriers, mitigate legal risk, and effectively solve compliance for ADA, AODA, WCAG and other global accessibility requirements. We’re dedicated to making digital experiences equal for everyone – if this inspires you, join our team and help us make it happen.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
How you Support Our Growth
As our newest Lead Product Designer you will help define and drive the future of the Product Design organization. You will lead, identify, and set experience strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The ideal candidate is someone who possesses the ability to form a clear vision of the future of our product experience and has the courage to pursue forward-thinking design. They apply their passion for customer needs, design thinking, prototyping, brand expression, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes.
What you will do
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of product designers.
- Lead vision, creative and holistic thinking across portfolio areas and product releases.
- Lead product design from the front, knowing how to empower designers in the team to do the best work of their career.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside their core product teams to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Advance and ensure coherent application of our design language system and platform architecture.
- Foster culture and principles within the group, while defining standards, documentation practices, and tools for execution and operational excellence.
- Engage in the design communities, representing Essential Accessibility and the Product Design Team.
- We win as a team - Driving business values and goals through all that you do
- Look ahead and provide advice and guidance for potential future Accessibility road blocks
- Cross Functional working mindset and looping in internal expertise where needed
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- Significant professional product design experience.
- Experience building and leading a team of product designers.
- Experience leading cross-functional activities and workshops using design-thinking methods to inform product strategy and planning.
- Experience defining the design system / component strategy from the ground up.
- Up-to-date expertise in human-centered design best practices.
- Experience with customer research methods.
- Ability to visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams.
- Ability to present designs to a wide range of audiences, including software development, quality assurance, learning content development, marketing, and sales.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence.
- Experience with agile software design methods.
- Knowledge of digital accessibility and disability inclusion
- Knowledge of regulations related to digital accessibility (e.g., Section 508, ADA)
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements
* Working remote/from home until further notice*