Powering Brands to Empower People
Join the team that’s transforming the digital accessibility industry! We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
We’re very proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® (GPTW) and we’re growing! We’ve recently announced $55 million in funding to accelerate our mission to make the digital world accessible.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
How you Support Our Growth
Our Senior Accessibility Tester sits within the Sales Operations team and is accountable for the timely delivery of evaluation reports/VPATs/demand letter validations for all our prospects. The candidate will be energetic, motivated and team-oriented with experience in web development and WCAG 2.0 technical requirements, as well as Section 508 standards.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in responsive web design, mobile accessibility and is experienced in Assistive Technologies. We are looking for someone who will embrace technology at every opportunity, demonstrating a passion for enhancing the digital customer experience
- Have a deep understanding of WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, as well as CVAA and be able to identify each success criteria and recommend appropriate remediation
- Be able to scope the accessibility testing effort involved in a variety of digital assets from websites, mobile applications to platforms
- Interface with prospects to walk them through the evaluation results with recommendations
- Be able to provide a prioritization level analysis based on the impact to the user experience
- Have experience performing functional testing using the latest versions of the following assistive technologies: JAWS, NVDA, ZoomText, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, along with other manual methods, including keyboard-only usage to determine if the overall user experience is accessible
- Required to keep up to date with new industry methods and technologies.
- Experience in Filing/Tracking Bugs using Bug Tracking systems such as Jira, Quality Center, Selenium or any other
eSSENTIALs YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years’ experience testing modern web and mobile applications to improve the user experience for people with disabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree - Web Development/Computer Science - Preferred
- Experience in responsive web design
- Experience in WCAG 2.0, ADA and Section 508
- Must be self-motivated, independent and well organized with minimum supervision
- Have strong time management, communication and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels within the company.
- Familiarity with automated accessibility testing tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design an organized and intuitive interface.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment, working with colleagues from various departments managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines; must have the ability to either take direction and perform tasks as part of a small team, or lead an initiative on your own.
eSSENTIALS we offer
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits effective from first day of employment
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Stock options
- Passionate group of coworkers who are performance driven and aligned to the company’s success
- Growth opportunity as the company scales
- Fully remote
Accommodations, including alternative formats and communication support for persons with disabilities are available upon request.