Powering Brands to Empower People
Join the team that’s transforming the digital accessibility industry! We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
We’re very proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® (GPTW) and we’re growing! We’ve recently announced $55 million in funding to accelerate our mission to make the digital world accessible.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
How you support our growth
We are a fast growing company, seeking a Development Manager / Team Lead. This is a new role and has been introduced as a part of our continued expansion of our Engineering team. This role will allow you to continue being hands on, actively coding, while leading one or more Agile teams to help them build the best possible product. You will use your experience to coach individual team members on growing their skills set and progressing in their careers.
Problems we are solving
- Creating easy to use platform targeted to developer and non-developer audience for presenting and resolving accessibility issues
- Making this platform support enormous amount of incoming data and presenting it effectively to a large audience
- Processing large amounts of accessibility data and using the result to make accessibility easy for our clients
eSSENTIALS we offer
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefit
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Kind and competent co-workers
- Office is in Downtown Toronto
- Partial to full remote option is available
- Currently remote until at least September 2021
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- Experience leading 1 - 2 Agile development teams by providing both technical and functional guidance
- Direct management experience, including but not limited to, being first point of contact, career development, regular touch points,performance management
- Good understanding of Agile principles, prior scrum master experience desired
- Experience in building, delivering and managing software products across the full product lifecycle, from discovery, launch, large scale build out.
- Experience in explaining details and essentials to different stakeholders
- Strong desire to continue coding, with expectation that amount of time available to code will decrease proportionally to increase of management responsibilities
- Experience with full-stack web development with 4 or more years of practical experience
Desired But Not eSSENTIAL
- Experience with MEAN stack or a similar stack
- Prior experience building scalable applications for the cloud
- Experience designing and building UI features that deliver a consistent, repeatable and superior customer experience
- Understanding of web accessibility
Our current stack
- NodeJS, MongoDB, Angular
- Webpack, Rollup
- Jasmine, puppeteer
- TSLint/ESLint, Git
- Docker, K8S, AWS
Accommodations, including alternative formats and communications supports for persons with disabilities, are available upon request.