Powering Brands to Empower People
Join the team that’s transforming the digital accessibility industry! We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
We’re very proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® (GPTW) and we’re growing! We’ve recently announced $55 million in funding to accelerate our mission to make the digital world accessible.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
How you Support Our Growth
As our new UX Research you’ll help our team of UXers, Product Managers, Engineers and other cross functional team members understand user needs. You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable and amazing products. You will work with stakeholders across functions and levels and have an impact at all stages of product creation. We want you to explore user behaviours and motivations by conducting primary research using a combination of field studies, interviews, workshops, ethnography, surveys, and usability testing.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate and synthesize research findings to diverse audiences through written and verbal presentations.
- Present findings and recommendations for next steps
- Evangelize research - Share insights with the company and externally in creative ways to increase empathy and drive growth.
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- 5 or more years of UX research experience
- BA/BS or advanced degree in anthropology, human factors, psychology, HCI or related field or relevant experience
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
Desired But Not eSSENTIAL
- Understanding of web accessibility
- Prior experience working as the primary researcher in either product and / or professional service organizations
- Experience establishing and growing research teams and processes
eSSENTIALS we offer
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefit
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Kind and competent co-workers
- Office is in Downtown Toronto
- Partial to full remote option is available
- Currently remote until at least September 2021
Accommodations, including alternative formats and communications support for persons with disabilities, are available upon request.