Powering Brands to Empower People
Join the team that’s transforming the digital accessibility industry! We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
We’re very proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® (GPTW) and we’re growing! We’ve recently announced $55 million in funding to accelerate our mission to make the digital world accessible.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
How you Support Our Growth
As our VP, Delivery you will further refine and execute on the Delivery team strategy and ensure performance targets are aligned with the organization’s overall strategic objectives.
- Responsible for change management including ownership of Delivery documentation, communication plans, process, training, etc
- Define project scope, deliverables, process management, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and Executive Leadership
- Define and implement Delivery strategies and identify implementation opportunities and challenges, and keep executive leaders up-to-date with Delivery risks and opportunities
- Oversee Delivery functions to ensure delivery execution, customer satisfaction, financial performance, and conduct regular operational reviews to ensure highest quality service delivery
- Ensure full optimization of Delivery team resources and partnering with internal stakeholders to make decisions based on productivity and demand requirements
- Identify and implement improvements in the overall QA and testing process
- Ensure alignment / integration of Delivery Plans with the Head of Customer Success and capture data to execute growth targets
- Partner with Product and Engineering to leverage technology for continuous improvement of service to clients
- Identify serviceable revenue within Delivery to support the productization of eA’s service offering and provide methodologies to implement additional services to clients
- Oversee analysis, planning, development of requirements documents and building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional workflows
- Evaluate complex situations in Delivery using multiple sources of information and provide resolution
- Develop, and motivate a high performing Delivery team in a rapidly changing/growing environment with an established tier of clients
- Promote a high-performance culture and respect for one another, that values learning and a commitment to qualitySet OKR’s and cascading goals and performance metrics to meet/exceed strategic goals
- Coach team members on the most effective Delivery strategies, drive digital accessibility adoption on customer assets and foster internal stakeholder buy in and utilization through our Platform
- Set standards for Technical Lead and QA/Testing capabilities, including certifications and qualifications success measure metrics, methodologies, tools to be used and ensure training is provided where needed
- Own the delegation of work to the Delivery function and set regular performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews as needed
- Provide the Delivery team with an escalation channel and support all escalations where needed to resolution
- Encourage innovation and drive a growth mindset across the team
- Partner with the People Experience team for recruitment activity within the team and lead on interviewing when needed
- We win as a team - Driving business values and goals through all that you do
- Look ahead and provide advice and guidance for potential future roadblocks
- Cross-Functional working mindset and looping in internal expertise where needed
- Suggest new tools and best practices for Delivery and execution
- Be a leader of change and encourage a Growth Mindset across the business
- Customer-centric approach
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in IT, Engineering, or related field.
- 15+ years of professional experience in the technology industry with experience hiring, leading and mentoring Delivery teams in a high-growth environment.
- Strong project management/program management/PMO experience, skilled at changed management, a good eye for processes, customer-centric mindset (solutioning for the customer)
- Credibility as a senior-level Delivery leader
- Budget, cost and profitability management skills
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Team Leadership & Development: Well-suited to someone with strong leadership ability, and prior success in scaling up teams, empowering them, coaching and supporting their development, and able to effectively transfer expertise to others
- Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills: Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, customers and vendor groups
- Resilience and resourcefulness
- Proactive communicator - key to success of the team
- Strategic, level-headed, assertive, tactful when needed.
- Highly-experienced in working in a cross-functional leadership capacity with Sales, Customer Success, Product
- Results and metrics-driven approach to steering a Delivery team in a leadership capacity
Desired But Not eSSENTIAL
- Understanding of digital accessibility
- Experience delivering testing/QA services (familiar with Delivery, Testing, Vendor Management), Software Services PnL; familiarity pushing services into product (eye for product + automation)
- Experience in a client facing capacity (escalations, solution, problem-solving, working with sales to enable forecasting) - Bonus
eSSENTIALS we offer
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Growth opportunity as the company scales
- Passionate group of coworkers who are performance-driven and aligned to the company’s success
- Office is in Downtown Toronto
- Partial to full remote option is available
- Currently remote until at least September 2021
Accommodations, including alternative formats and communications support for persons with disabilities, are available upon request.