Powering Brands to Empower People
Join the team that’s transforming the digital accessibility industry! We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
We’re very proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® (GPTW) and we’re growing! We’ve recently announced $55 million in funding to accelerate our mission to make the digital world accessible.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
How you Support Our Growth
As our new Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and revising current and future accessibility-focused training courses using adult learning methodologies and instructional design methods. This role works collaboratively with accessibility Subject Matter Experts and Human Resources Business Partners to successfully educate clients and employees.
- Designing, building and maintaining online digital accessibility course content that is scalable for self-learning both internally and for clients, and that can scale with our growth.
- Working with Subject Matter Experts to gather and analyse content to create instructional plans, learning objectives, training outlines, and success measures.
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer, and that align to instructional end goals.
- Designing and developing rich multimedia content, including audio and video assets, illustrations, animations, and interactive content.
- Designing, developing instructor guides, job aids, assessments, and support tools.
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Speak and write effectively in individual and group settings.
- Work effectively with employees who have a variety of technological skill levels.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Learning theories and styles.
- Instructional design models, processes, and techniques.
- Course development software.
- SCORM technical standards.
- BS or MA degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Education, Curriculum Design, Organizational Development, Adult Learning (or related fields).
- Five years of experience in learning design (conducting needs analysis, setting objectives, developing course material, preparing e-learning content).
- Experience in developing courses and curriculum within a Learning Management System.
- Experience in preparing and troubleshooting SCORM compliant e-learning packages.
- Experience developing reusable learning solutions to meet the needs of multiple audiences.
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on projects varying in complexity and of strategic importance to clients and the company.
- Solid consulting skills and an ability to work closely with business partners, clients, Subject Matter Experts and learners.
- Ability to work within a project / team environment.
- Ability to meet expectations for project deliverables.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, a willingness to take on challenges, with proven ability to achieve within an unstructured environment.
- Ability to act independently within defined objectives and direction.
- Detail-oriented and able to coordinate and track simultaneous projects.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, resourceful.
- Committed to providing the highest level of service.
Desired But Not eSSENTIAL
- Knowledge and experience applying the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to digital content.
- Strong working knowledge and application of MS Office suite of products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge.
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.).
eSSENTIALS we offer
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits effective from first day of employment
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Stock options
- Passionate group of coworkers who are performance driven and aligned to the company’s success
- Growth opportunity as the company scales
- Fully remote
Accommodations, including alternative formats and communication support for persons with disabilities are available upon request.