Powering Brands to Empower People
Join the team that’s transforming the digital accessibility industry! We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
We’re very proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® (GPTW) and we’re growing! We’ve recently announced $55 million in funding to accelerate our mission to make the digital world accessible.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
How you Support Our Growth
As our new Technical Writer you will help drive the next level of our documentation and procedural information across various user personas. You love language and ideas and think information architecture, organizing information and translating complex features into learnable and digestible content is the coolest thing. You are a committed customer advocate and relentlessly prioritize to ensure that our content continues to teach, educate and empower our users to succeed with our solution. Some responsibilities will include:
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Write, format, edit and review procedural and technical information for both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Collaborate with technical staff to create supporting material for our developer audience.
- Support and drive both internal and external enablement as we continue to release new and innovative capabilities through in-person training or instructional videos.
- You are a keeper and organizer of our internal and external knowledge base.
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- 2+ years of related writing experience creating technical documentation for technical or non-technical audiences.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a command of English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to interview and work one-on-one with both technical and business stakeholders to gather information and requirements.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to develop and execute project plans under deadlines.
- Obsessive about technical accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
Desired But Not eSSENTIAL
- Knowledge of digital accessibility, accessibility guidelines (WCAG) and disability inclusion.
- Knowledge of regulations related to digital accessibility (e.g., Section 508, ADA).
- Knowledge of Devops practices such as test automation.
- Knowledge of best practices in accessibility for developers.
- Hands on experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge or experience with APIs.
eSSENTIALS we offer
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits effective from first day of employment
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Stock options
- Passionate group of coworkers who are performance driven and aligned to the company’s success
- Growth opportunity as the company scales
- Fully remote
Accommodations, including alternative formats and communication support for persons with disabilities are available upon request.
*Please include 1 or 2 writing samples with your application.