Powering Brands to Empower People
Join the team that’s transforming the digital accessibility industry! We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We deliver immediate impact with our assistive technology application and suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
We’re very proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® (GPTW) and we’re growing! We’ve recently announced $55 million in funding to accelerate our mission to make the digital world accessible.
Learn more about eSSENTIAL Accessibility.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of the accessibility industry, and we’re on a mission to be the primary engine that fuels innovation in this space.
How you Support Our Growth
At eSSENTIAL Accessibility our design team is working on building out strategy, research, design principles, and moving technical innovation on our platform forward. We are a leader in the digital accessibility space and our focus on empowering businesses is an integral part of our success. As our new UX Writer you will help our team build clear, concise, intuitive and delightful experiences for all our users.
You will have the opportunity to shape the future of digital accessibility. You’ll collaborate with colleagues and across teams to define the value and tone of the experience in design and build. You’ll make sure that every interaction champions the voice of all users so they can move through and engage effectively with our product. In short, you’ll use content to connect what our product can do with what truly matters to our users: improving their digital accessibility.
You love language and ideas and think information architecture, organizing information and translating complex features into learnable and digestible content is the coolest thing. You are a committed customer advocate and relentlessly prioritize to ensure that our content continues to teach, educate and empower our users to succeed with our solution.
- Contribute to the development of a content style guide, our messaging strategies as well as best practices
- Write clear and concise UI content for our accessibility testing and remediation platform
- Develop non-textual content: iconography, information graphics, imagery, and data
- Collaborate with legal to ensure that our digital conversations satisfy our regulatory responsibilities*
- Assist in usability testing, discovery research, interview transcripts so we can successfully develop our product in an agile environment
- Apply the principles of accessibility and inclusive design in content creation and at handoff with development
- Coordinate French translation in a timely manner (optional)
- Work closely with project managers and technology leads to obtain and understand business requirements
- Work with accessibility partners to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, global standards that were created to improve accessibility for people with vision, hearing, physical and cognitive disabilities
- Consider how blind users navigate websites, i.e. avoid using ambiguous link text, such as ‘click here’ or ‘read more’; properly describe complicated charts, graphs and tables.
eSSENTIALS You Bring To The Table
- Proficiency in English
- A post-secondary education, ideally with a university degree or college diploma
- At least 3 years of UX writing experience working on complex digital products
- Knowledge of digital accessibility, accessibility guidelines (WCAG) and disability inclusion.
Knowledge of best practices in accessibility for developers.
- A portfolio of work samples showcasing your copywriting work
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with developers and project managers
- Experience working within an agile environment
- Ability to work one-on-one with both technical and business stakeholders to gather information and requirements.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to develop and execute project plans under deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
Desired But Not eSSENTIAL
- Knowledge of regulations related to digital accessibility (e.g., Section 508, ADA).
- Knowledge of Devops practices such as test automation.
- Hands-on experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge or experience with APIs.
What’s In It For You
- You’ll find yourself in a culture where designers feel included, valued, and have the opportunity to contribute towards the vision and strategy
- You’ll work on solutions for our platform that help test and improve digital accessibility for some of the worlds top brands
- Work/life balance is important to us; you will be part of a company that values your time and social events
eSSENTIALS we offer
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits effective from first day of employment
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Stock options
- Passionate group of coworkers who are performance driven and aligned to the company’s success
- Growth opportunity as the company scales
- Fully remote
Accommodations, including alternative formats and communication support for persons with disabilities are available upon request.
*Please include 1 or 2 writing samples with your application.